Category and Procurement Specialist Job Description
Grade Level 9 (Exempt)
The position will execute the daily requirements necessary to provide category and procurement administration for the purchasing department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research market intelligence for assigned categories.
- Develop a realistic and effective business plan for assigned categories.
- Provide analysis and track business plan progress.
- Work collaboratively with supply chain to insure production requirements are satisfied and eliminate communication gaps regarding dependent material requirements.
- Identify and recommend potential alternative sources for supply of local needs.
- Support objectives for reduced lead times, inventories, and improving supplier performance.
- Foster good vendor relationships to meet operational requirements while focusing on reducing TCO (total cost of ownership).
- Review and measure vendor performance reports, identify issues and provide recommendations
- Assist purchasing manager in developing and analyzing requests for proposals (RFP’s) for local needs.
- Generate, maintain, expedite, and monitor the end to end process of all purchase orders to completion for assigned category in SAP.
- File electronically needed support documentation in paperless system.
- Update open order report weekly.
- Set up new vendors in SAP with required documentation.
- Process vendor returns.
- Assist finance department with month, quarter and year end closings.
- Reconcile and maintain monthly credit card purchases.
- Assist the raw materials/warehouse departments with any receiving or delivery issues.
- Perform other duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, supply chain management, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years if experience in procurement with an emphasis on category management in SAP or similar operating system.
- Strong analytical and fact finding capabilities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detailed oriented, strong organization skills with effective results driven execution results.
- Demonstrated capabilities to be a successful team member.
Flexible and adaptable to changing business environments.
Apply on our company website: www.palramamericas.com